HAPPY NEW YEAR
I know its a couple of days late but hey ho, its the thought that counts!
New year is a time where we like to look forward to the year ahead and what we hope it will bring, along with our goals to achieve. Whilst I do like to do this, I think its important first of all to look back at the last year and to give thanks for all the good times it brought.
2017 was, on the whole a good year for our family. Of course there were some difficult times, especially the loss of a dear relative just before Christmas. However, lots of good times were also had and what better way to celebrate than with pictures:
January brought with it a fair bit of crocheting, mostly in the form of hats:
February marked the first of our holidays, with a trip to Holland and the start of the granny stripe/ mojo blanket :
March was all about the flowers and lots of crafting with little miss:
April marked the second break of the year, a few days away in Oberhausen and not forgetting my first half marathon of the year:
May was the month in which I was introduced to a lovely little ceramic studio and the start of my addiction to ceramic painting. There was also a visit to England, including running the Liverpool half marathon:
In June I ran my third half marathon of the year, took part in a charity 5km run and had a few nice family local days out:
July was the only month in which I didn’t post anything here but it was a busy month with 2 trips back to the UK for weddings and a visit by my lovely Mum and Dad and 2 of our nephews and nieces.
What a relaxing month August was with a 2 week holiday in the caravan at the Norfolk broads:
In September I ran the Berlin marathon for the second time, raising over £500 and also finished making the squares for the eclectic mix granny squares blanket:
October finally marked the completion of the eclectic mix large granny squares blanket and some heart bunting :
November was all about organising my craft room and completing the granny stripe/ mojo blanket:
December was a busy month. Crafting wise it was all about making Christmas cards. It was also the month our little girl turned 4, we went on Santa’s steam train, visited Christmas markets, had snow, had a visit from dear friends, had some more snow and topped the year off with a fabulous Christmas with family back in England:
Looking ahead to 2018
I tend not to make too many ‘resolutions’ as I think we have a tendency to start the year off setting unrealistic expectations for ourselves and setting ourselves up for failure within the first couple of weeks of the new year. With this in mind I have just set myself a few goals which I hope to achieve this year:
- Build up my blog readership (I’m not certain that anyone has actually been reading my blog for the last year and a half. If you read it regularly, please do let me know, so I can stop singing “All by myself…” Bridget Jones’ style as I’m typing )
- Assign more time to crafting (my Fridays off are going to be dedicated to crafting and building up new crafty skills)
- To make items to sell at a craft stall (I’ve been meaning to do this for years and have just never got round to it but I’m determined that this will be the year!)
- To start machine sewing again (the poor sewing machine hasn’t seen the light of day in the last 2 years!)
- To build on my photography skills and find my way around my new Camera (a Christmas present from my lovely other half).
As well as the above, there may be a bit of running squeezed in with possibly a few half marathons (I’ve got to keep feeding my medal addiction!) but absolutely no full marathons this year!
Have you set yourself any goals you’d be happy to share? I’d love to hear them.
Here’s to a fantastic 2018 and most of all… happy crafting.